Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Long needed update

Right, yes, I realise I've basically said nowt about my holiday and my recent activities.. Apologies to those who, for some reason, hang onto every word I blog. Oh, and thanks for the comments on here and Flickr.

Anyway, lets start at the beginning... Greece. A fortnight in Kefalonia. The first week was scorchingly hot, which was a bit much for my Northern climatised body, but luckily it cooled in the second week, so I could think and sleep. Highlights, in no particular order, included:

  • Fiskardo, a picturesque port in the North of the island.
  • The Melissani Cave... It looks just like the postcards, amazingly enough.
  • Seeing a real-life wild turtle in Argostoli.
  • The huge waves on Myrtos beach.
  • Driving on the wrong side of the road (not a highlight for my poor passengers, sorry guys!) and seeing the whole island generally in the week we had the car. Luckily Paul drove mostly, so we all could relax.
  • Eating plenty of Greek food. Feta and Olives, you say? Don't mind if I do!
  • An Aussie telling me how the Edgbaston test ended. Gutted. Hahahaha!
  • And, of course, the company. Cheers!
Once back from Greece, I have spent a lot of time gripped by the cricket. It's the Ashes, you know... I was at the Sunday and Monday of the Old Trafford test. Since then, there's been a bit of work, but more importantly it was my 25th birthday... to celebrate, I invested in a nice shiny new iPod, amongst other things.

The weekends around and including my birthday have included a few barbeques combined with playing a bit of back-garden cricket (or back-field cricket at John's). Unfortunately my hand-eye coordination is as poor as always, so it looks like my Scotland call-up isn't on the horizon... yet.

Finally, I've made my first steps towards being a rock-god worshipped by thousands of adoring fans, in that I've been to a practice as the drummer for a band. The other members are Myk and Memories (Mems for short). 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home